What is Multilingual Desktop Publishing (DTP)?
Multilingual DTP is the process of combining text and graphics to create exceptionally presentable documents that are formatted and then published into multiple languages either in separate files by language or within the same file. Multilingual DTP is mainly about delivering a localized copy of the original layout, including the translated text, images, graphs, diagrams, numbers, etc.
Acacia Translations offers an array of multilingual desktop publishing services (DTP). Our DTP Department can handle all types of file formats and many languages. Acacia Translations supports PC and MAC software, and our DTP services include:
- Graphics Editing
- Template design creation for online or printed PDF formats
- PostScript and PDF file generation for online and print publication
- XML Publishing (DITA or DocBook)
- Quality Assurance check in DTP
- Data Conversion, etc.
- Font library for foreign languages
Practical DTP applications include:
- Adobe: Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, GoLive, PageMaker, FrameMaker
- Microsoft: Publisher & Word
- Corel Draw & Ventura
- Macromedia: Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks
Acacia Translations also provides government Section 504 and 508 compliance support. Responsibilities under Section 504 and Section 508 can overlap, and we can assist where needed. Section 508 requires Federal agencies to ensure that persons with disabilities (both employees and members of the public) have comparable access to and use of electronic information technology.